We were planning for a busy summer at WIND, and so far we haven’t been disappointed. With new launches and new handsets, there’s been a lot to keep us busy, from our exclusive LG Optimus launch to our impending expansion into Kitchener-Waterloo.
K-W is generally acknowledged as one of the tech hotbeds of the country (some call it the “Technology Triangle”), and it’s home to some of our most dedicated community supporters. As some of those Waterloo-based members have noticed, this week we took a big step towards our K-W launch day, initiating construction on our first store in the area at Fairview Park Mall.
We’re not only building the physical space in the store itself, we’re also building the team that will bring the store to life when we launch. If you know anyone who’d like to help us bring change to the wireless industry in K-W, make sure they know to submit a resume to our online database.
As a new market, Waterloo’s been a major focus, but we’re also working on expanding the network in all of our WIND Zones. We’re not only building out in southwestern Ontario, we’ve also been building across Canada.
In and around Vancouver
- More coverage inside Pacific Centre Mall and TD Centre
- On the hill in Coquitlam at Como Lake Ave & Mariner Way as well as Como Lake Ave & Gatensbury Street
- Maple Ridge at Dewney Trunk Rd & 240 Street
- Delta (Sunbury) along River Road
In Toronto & the GTA
- Along College St in Little Italy
- Scarborough Town Centre
- In North York @ Finch & Leslie
- Continuing buildout to provide PATH coverage downtown
In the Hamilton area
- Grimsby has coverage now
- Expanded coverage in Southern Stoney Creek along Green Mountain Rd West
- Expecting more in central Hamilton soon
- In the west end at 17 Ave SW & Sarcee Trail SW
- Expecting more in NW Calgary in Hawkwood and Kincora neighbourhoods
- We’ve updated Hull and west Alymer in Quebec
- Coverage added inside St. Laurent Mall
- We’re working on new sites in Chelsea, downtown Gatineau and Ottawa’s Cyrville neighbourhood
- Downtown at 101 St NW & 106 Ave NW
- We’ve got more sites in the works for St. Albert